BPO stands for business process outsourcing. BPO sector is one of the huge sectors in Indian Job Market. More or less every small or big company has a BPO sector in their field. Mainly the BPO sector is divided into 2 parts. The voice and non-voice. In voice, there are also two sectors. The first part is known as customer support executive, their main work is to deal with the existing customers of the company and the 2nd part is known more or less as the Tele-calling executive. They are mainly responsible to gain customers for the company. And for non – voice field you don’t have work with the customers but have to work with the internal matter like sales and data entry. Both are important in their own field. And both of them has the target to be fulfilled in their respective field.
So what are the requirements to get a job:
- The minimum qualification to work in a BPO sector of the company is graduation or 10 + 2, despite the stream
- The speaking fluency is mandatory to work in the BPO sector. It can be your mother tongue or English based on the company requirement. If you are working in the BPO sector of a telecom company they try to hire the people fluent in the language, based upon the area. If you are from Mumbai, they will choose you if you have a fluency over Marathi, Hindi and English also. So totally based on the location.
- The third most important thing to work in a BPO is Patience. Tacking the client’s questions is not a matter of joke. That is why the candidate should always have to be patient. Being a good listener and having a presentable voice is always a plus point.
- Again one of the basic requirement to work in a BPO sector is the basic knowledge of computer like MS – Excel, MS – Word etc.
- Now for the Non-voice process generally candidates are asked to be at least B. Tech or B.Com because they are asked to handle the thing like accounting and finance.
So how Can you get a Job in BPO?
So it totally depends upon your choice. In which BPO Sector you want to move. If you have fluency in languages and don’t have a higher degree then you can go for voice process or having a higher degree can help you to go for the non-voice process. Now you can prepare for them by yourself or you can take professional help. If trying by yourself try to practice things like speak in the mirror to point out your speech problem and all that. Once you are ready try to apply for jobs through different job Portals like Freshers Kolkata. Once your CV has been selected you will be called for the interview. Try to be calm and focus to give your best at the time of interview. All the best for your Job hunt.